SMS and MMS are types of messages delivered directly to a mobile phone that can be used with or without mobile app downloads.
Why Text Messaging?
Text messaging via SMS or MMS is a quick and efficient way to grab your audience’s attention so you can be where they are—on their devices. SMS/MMS messaging is an essential part of any mobile marketing strategy. Take a look at these compelling statistics:
- The open rate of SMS is 98% compared to 22% for emails (Venturebeat)
- Text messages can be 8x more effective at engaging customers (Cellit)
- Approximately 50% of consumers in the U.S.make direct purchases after receiving an SMS branded text (Moto Message)
- Applying SMS marketing techniques is predicted to contribute a 40% growth rate of revenues by 2017 (Search Engine Land)
- Coupons delivered via SMS have redemption rates 10x higher than printed coupons (Go Mobile)
And, we agree! 31% of customers receive one to five SMS messages per month from brands, and a whopping 23% get more than twenty! Clearly, people are engaging (and enjoying) SMS and MMS messages.